"The Fallacy of #Study" - the latest in The Mind of a Day Trader series by Dante.
- The beginning of your trading journey is filled with ups and downs.
- Your motivation will be challenged. Just when you think you've "figured it out," a new challenge will arise.
- Try to eliminate the extreme highs and lows of day trading. Avoid the emotional volatility of thinking you've mastered trading or your trading is hopeless.
- The harder you try to shorten your path to trading success, the harder trading will become. Learning how to trade is a slow process.
- Find balance. "Cramming" doesn't work - your brain can only process a certain amount of information.
- You can be your own worst enemy. Focus on your own psychology and behaviors vs. staring at charts for hours. A stable mental foundation comes before everything else.
- Become more fluid with your trading. Markets and individual stocks are always changing - every scenario is different. Don't overanalyze historical charts and data.
- Trading "practice" and "application" are very different. No amount of studying and paper trading will provide the same insight as real trading.